The test facility and synchrotron light source of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology provides solutions by use of light from hard X-rays to the far-infrared for research and technology.
The focus is on specific fields of science, for embedded in-house research and provides scientific research capabilities and cost adapted industrial research.
Industrial use is organised by IBPT, IPS and KIT Services Units (purchasing, innovation management, financial management and legal affairs) for:
- commercial access to the synchrotron facility and to laboratory infrastructure to industrial customers
- valorization and licensing of technologies
- cooperations partly funded by industry
- whether you wish a full service including the analysis and interpretation of the results
- or whether you are only interested in the data collection as such
- or whether you wish to purchase shifts of beamtime and realize the measurements by yourself
Non-disclosure is guaranteed at any time.
Business Fields for industrial activities:
- Synchrotron Analytics & Diagnostics
- Chemical analytics
- Material diagnostics
- Non-destructive testing
- LIGA Micro Fabrication and NDE
- Direct LIGA prototyping
- Replication e.g. from polymer
- Development for serial production
- Synchrotron Technology
- Superconducting Undulators
- X-ray Compound Refractive Lenses